Monday, February 8, 2010

08/02/10: Chinese New Year is left 7 days, I miss the 年饼 so much (especially 花生饼). 姑姑 will give us these biscuits every year and biscuits made by her is quite tasty.

I have no the opportunity to eat the biscuits made by 姑姑 this year as i am studying in UK. There is no have 年饼sold in UK. It must be very expensive if can be found. Therefore, I decided to bake 花生饼. So I made a call to 姑姑 to ask her about the ingredient and method.

After buying needed foodstuff, I started to make. I woke up from bed on 8 o'clock yesterday and peel the peanut shell and skin. After that, the peanuts grinned into fine powder. Next, I mixed well the pain flour, peanut powder, icing sugar and oil and made the paste to small ball shape. After plate them into oven for 20 minutes. the biscuits was completely made.

I gave some to my housemates and they said it is quite delicious and better than those seller.

Today, I also bring some to class give my classmates to try, all of them also said quite tasty and ask me make more. I am so excited can get the positive feedback and this is the first time I made the biscuit. I would like to appreciate 姑姑 for teaching me to make the biscuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment